Newborn photography doesn't have to cost you thousands of dollars. But it is worth understanding what you are paying for when you book a newborn photographer.
Photography is one of those unregulated industries where there is no set price for the services provided. And the services provided can also vary wildly.
Here are just a few things to consider when searching for the right photographer for your newborn baby.
- How many years experience do they have?
- Are they a parent themselves?
- What do past clients say about them?
- Do I like their style?
- Are they insured?
- Are they registered?
- Do they offer professional prints?
- Are they immunised for flu, covid, and whooping cough?
- Will they come to my home?
- Will they pose my baby and use props or offer more natural baby-led sessions?
- Do they have a working with children check?
- Do they offer payment plans?
- Are they available?
It is definitely worth doing your research and making sure that you are confident that the person you are trusting with your newborn baby knows what they are doing. As a Mum of four myself, I have had over 13 years parenting experience and over 8 years photographing newborns. I offer only gentle, baby led sessions and will never put your baby in a basket, box, or any other prop.
This is beautiful baby Gabe during his newborn photography session with his three big siblings. And as you can see, he is going to be one very loved little boy.
Share this story